Did you know that your smile is one of the first things people notice about you, leaving them with first impressions about your health, intelligence, societal status, and attractiveness? Making sure your smile looks its best is a quick way to boost your self-confidence and stand out from the crowd, whether interacting with others or smiling for close-up photos to post on social media. If you are getting ready to graduate or get married, now is the time to make your smile shine so you can dazzle on your big day while brightening your future!
Your Smile Makes a Big Difference
Having regular teeth cleanings is important to keep your smile healthy and bright, and after that, one of the easiest ways to improve your smile is with a teeth whitening treatment. Getting rid of unsightly tooth stains and discoloration go a long way in revitalizing your appearance. In fact, we would go so far as to say that your smile is the most important thing you can wear, as donning expensive clothes or even jewelry doesn’t impress people as much as flashing a stellar smile!
Graduates going off to college or entering the workforce benefit from a healthy-looking smile as much as brides and grooms do on their big day. Most cosmetic dentists can tell you that teeth whitening is easily one of the most popular treatments for someone celebrating a special occasion. Fortunately, there are a variety of ways to brighten your smile and, consequently, your life!
How Much Time Do You Have?
- In-Office Teeth Whitening: One teeth whitening option is to go to a dentist for treatment. It is worth every cent because you are paying for expertise as well as product effectiveness with a peroxide gel and controlling the outcome. Professionally whitened teeth are the safest, quickest, and highest quality route to whiter teeth to brighten your special day after having your teeth scaled and polished. That is also a good time for the dentist to make sure your teeth are in good enough shape to handle a teeth whitening treatment.
- At-Home Bleaching Kit: This is also a popular way to whiten teeth, and you can often purchase the gel over the counter or from a dentist. Depending on whether the gel and whitening trays came from a dentist or over-the-counter, the desired results can be achieved in one to four weeks. That’s because professional teeth whitening products are customized to your teeth as they have higher concentrations of the whitening gel. You’ll still want to clean your teeth every day and avoid enamel-damaging foods and drinks as they can affect shade and color.
- At-Home Whitening Strips: You can find these affordable strips easily over the counter. They also use hydrogen peroxide to whiten stains by penetrating tooth pores, so you get the results in about a week or two.
- Teeth Whitening Toothpaste: This process is the most affordable approach, but it can take up to a month for you to get the results you want. Because the bleaching concentrations only affect the tooth for a short time, you’ll want to be especially mindful of the foods and drinks you consume as well as brush and floss every day as staining can set you back.
- Not everyone is a good candidate for having teeth whitening done, which is why seeing the dentist is a good way to find out. People suffering from cavities, receding gums, or are currently wearing braces can be affected by how well or if their teeth can be whitened.
Whether you are walking down the aisle with your significant other or walking across the stage with your fellow graduates, choosing to brighten your smile with the help of teeth whitening may be the ideal choice for you! If you have any questions or concerns about your oral health or want to schedule your next visit, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our team. Your smile deserves the best possible care and treatment available!